There are many sonography schools in Florida. Florida is a beautiful state with sunshine and energy. Florida population was about 18,800,000 back in 2010. It’s the forth state in population in the States. With so high population especially with Seniors, there are many clinics, labs, public health facilities and hospitals in FL, so do Sonographer schools.
As one of the highest populated states in the U.S., there would be two major reasons for you to enter the medical field. There is a “guaranteed” career growth potential because the more populated the area (or state) is, the more medical professionals is needed. Another is unemployment rate. Florida ranked 5th in employment as of September 2011 (10.6%), and it is a good idea to obtain a second job skill if you are a professional, want a career change, or you need a job.
Ultrasound technicians use ultrasound (high frequency sound waves) to examine patients’ body parts such as heart, blood vessels, and abdomen and produce visual images for the doctors to examine and diagnose the patients.
Sonographer is paid as $27.40 hourly and $56,990 annually in average in Florida. It’s a high paid and demanding career that you may be looking for. It’s an ever-green medical career and you will be satisfied helping others and have long-term career development opportunities. To become one, one should go to two-year school education and get certified.
It does not matter whether you obtain a degree or a certificate as a sonographer, as long as it is CAAHEP accredited program. There are 15 programs in the state of Florida. Whether you want a certificate, Associate, Bachelor’s, or Master’s program, there is a school for you. There are also different types of concentration that you can choose. General, cardiac, or vascular, choose the one that fits for you.
To consider enrolling in any ultrasound technician schools, I’d suggest that one would check out their program and ask for catalog and course info. Different schools have different requirements, fee, and tuition. One shall do the preparation, visit the campus, even talk to the current students, collect the necessary info and make the right decision.
There are the CAAHEP accredited Ultrasound Technician Schools in Florida for your reference:
1. Broward College – Ft Lauderdale, FL
2. Cambridge Institute of Allied Health – Delray Beach, FL
3. Central Florida Institute – Palm Harbor, FL
4. Central Florida Institute – Orlando, FL
5. Florida Hospital College of Health Sciences – Orlando, FL
6. Hillsborough Community College – Tampa, FL
7. Keiser University – Melbourne, FL
8. Keiser University-Daytona – Daytona Beach, FL
9. Keiser University-Fort Lauderdale – Ft. Lauderdale, FL
10. Miami Dade College – Miami, FL
11. Nova Southeastern University – Ft Lauderdale, FL
12. Palm Beach State College – Lake Worth, FL
13. Sanford Brown Institute-Ft. Lauderdale – Ft. Lauderdale , FL
14. St Vincents Medical Center – Jacksonville, FL
15. Valencia College – Orlando, FL
Go and check out these Sonography Schools in Florida. I am sure that you could find some good fit with your time and budget.
No related posts.